Cross-Disciplinary Programs Office
44 St. George St.
Students wishing to pursue an Engineering minor must take a minimum of six courses.
Completion of an Engineering Minor is subject to the following constraints:
- Students must ensure they meet the requirements of their chosen engineering-degree program or Major therein;
- Of the 6 (half year) courses required for the minor, one (half year) course can also be a core course in a student’s Program or Major, if applicable;
- No course that is counted for degree credit can be counted towards more than one minor or certificate;
- In some minor programs where indicated, either a Thesis or Design course can count for up to two (half year) electives towards the elective requirements IF the Thesis or Design course is strongly related to the subject area of the minor. This requires approval of the Director of the Minor;
- Availability of the courses to complete an engineering minor (including the foundational courses) for timetabling purposes is not guaranteed; the onus is on the student to ensure compatibility with their timetable;
- Students must secure approval from their home department before selecting any elective outside their home department.